What is it about Christmas that just makes a person want to bake? I'm pretty sure it is something ingrained at a very young age (at least in my family anyway...) Something I fought this year...and lost. Yes, I caved, I made a batch of spritz cookies yesterday. Sugary, soft, buttery, wonderful spritz cookies. They are excellnt :). Merry Christmas to all and to all a good cookie :).
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Holiday Baking
There is just something about the Christmas season that says gain 5 pounds. We have been doing quite good with our eating habits. We eat healthy and we have a treat here and there. I vowed to help us continue this good trend by not having an overabundance of temptations, this year at our home there would be no fudge (my weakness), no chocolate peanut butter balls (Todd's weakness), no chocolate star peanut butter cookies, not sugar cookies...you get the picture. It is understood that we would eat these at work and parties, but not have them tempting us at our house...that was the idea anyways.
What is it about Christmas that just makes a person want to bake? I'm pretty sure it is something ingrained at a very young age (at least in my family anyway...) Something I fought this year...and lost. Yes, I caved, I made a batch of spritz cookies yesterday. Sugary, soft, buttery, wonderful spritz cookies. They are excellnt :). Merry Christmas to all and to all a good cookie :).


What is it about Christmas that just makes a person want to bake? I'm pretty sure it is something ingrained at a very young age (at least in my family anyway...) Something I fought this year...and lost. Yes, I caved, I made a batch of spritz cookies yesterday. Sugary, soft, buttery, wonderful spritz cookies. They are excellnt :). Merry Christmas to all and to all a good cookie :).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beautiful, yummy looking cookies Jill!
ReplyDeleteThose cookies look amazing. What exactly are spritz cookies? I'm off to google this. :)
ReplyDelete