Monday, March 7, 2011

Our new nephew/cousin

This last weekend we made a quick trip back to ND to visit our new nephew/cousin Briar Luke Gibbon. Todd's brother, Luke, and his wife, Justine, had a baby boy on February 23rd. They had a long labor and birth process, and Briar was doing good at first but started having difficulty breathing on the morning of the 24th. So Briar has been in the NICU since then receiving oxygen and nitrous oxide to try to get his body enough oxygen and get the vessels around his heart and lung to relax. He has been diagnosed with persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn.
We were so glad that we were able to make it out to see him this weekend. We have been so worried for Briar and his parents. Last week Todd said, I can't believe I love somebody, who I've never met, so much. It was great to see them, but we just all need Briar to get better and be able to go home with his mom and dad.
Today will be a big day for Briar, they are weaning him off the oxygen and if he does better he gets to stay in Fargo, if not, he likely will be transferred to Minneapolis. Please keep our family and Briar in your thoughts and prayers.

Todd and Luke by Briar's crib (yes they have matching packer t-shirts on)

Little Briar stretched out in his crib

Aunt Jill holding Briar (I had a cold, so I had to wear a mast, so glad that I got to see him)

Briar with his mommy.

Grandpa Mark playing with Xander in the waiting room, Xander did not get to meet his cousin yet, but did get to see pictures and proclaimed "BABY," with a big smile.


3 comments:

  1. Not only do they have matching Packer shirts on- they also have matching beards!! Sending thoughts and prayers to Briar and all his family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a little sweetie!! Briar and his family have been in our prayers.

    John & Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill thank you so much for posting this in your blog. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete