Monday, April 8, 2013

Video Update

I've taken quite the unexplained hiatus from blog writing. No real reason, just life. Since we publish this blog to a memory book for our boys, I've felt a bit guilty about it, so now I am back to it. Chonologically there would be a post of Todd and my trip to Houghton in March, but since Aunt Vollie (and likely Grandma Verla and Oma, if they still bother to check in) probably want a boy update. So we'll start with a few videos on the boys. Xander is a knowledge sponge and lately has been fascinated with Volcanos, thus the volcano explosion below. I went to Dallas, TX for work in March and picked him up a build-your-own volcano kit. So we molded it out of plaster of paris and then painted it and you get to see the explosion. The instructions for the eruption said to use red paint, baking soda, and vinegar and then in poor English said to add a few drops of washing up liquid (we thought soap.) After the first explosion without the soap we decided to add some and see. For your information if you add soap to a baking soda and vinegar volcano, it really does improve the quality of the lava flow, of course we had to make orange, yellow, red, blue and green lava with our coloring. It was a good time.
So, after reading some books that were tough to put down, but kind of frustrating (The Fire and Ice series/Game of Thrones) and then studying for and then passing my CWS (Clinical Wound Specialist) exam, the Gibbon Gazette is back!

Puddle boys, starting to be able to enjoy some more outside time 

 
 Volcano

The volcano with baking soda, vinegar and 'washing up liquid'

Story Time

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU JILL! Great seeing the boys in "action" walking in puddles, painting snow, building an erupting volcano, and story time with Flint was the grandma highlight, hearing his sweet little voice. Very precious kids, I have checked frequently for updates, you came through Jill with the grandma fix I was needed!

    ReplyDelete