Monday, July 26, 2010

Birthday party

We were headed back to ND for Todd's cousin's wedding this last weekend, so we decided to have a birthday part with the grandparents. (Thanks Luke and Justine for letting us use your house again.) The only thing that was no good was that our little boy got sick on Friday. He was kind of quiet at daycare all day and then on the way to ND he threw-up twice in the car. It was so not fun, I felt so bad for him (and us having to clean up him and the car and us...)
But we made it to ND okay and got a little sleep (Todd and Luke very little since they stayed up to 3 am talking to Chad in China.)
Then we had Xander's birthday part Saturday morning. I went and picked up the cake I had ordered (and some pedialyte, just in case your wondering, never get unflavored pedialyte
it's disgusting, Xander didn't even drink the apple stuff dad picked up either...) Anyways, we had cake, my dad brought carmel rolls, had some fruit, a good time had by all, all except Xander.
Poor guy. He was not feeling well but he did well. Mom just couldn't get too far out of his sight and he was very clingy. He slept good in the afternoon and slept through the wedding. He felt good enough to spend a couple of hours at the reception and got to meet all sorts of great aunts and uncles and cousins.
Unwrapping presents with dad

Grandpa Mark and Xander Matched.

Trying some frosting.

This is the best photo we have of the three of us, at least dad is looking at the camera.


Tried a bit of cake and frosting, we later learned that his stomach was not quite ready for this, oh well, cute pictures :).

1 comment:

  1. Poor little guy! It's a bummer he was sick on your visit home.

    It's funny that you mentioned the pedialyte thing. Lola's molars are coming in, so I picked up some oragel to give her some relief. I gave her some last night and she practically gagged. Then, I tried it, and I could totally see why! It was disgusting. It also made my bottom lip go numb. Some of these children's products really aren't as great as they cut out to be.

    ReplyDelete