Monday, August 2, 2010

Terrible Toddler

Alright...so, I've never been one to describe my son as terrible, but lately.... Xander was sick with the flu last weekend, then to make things worse he is getting new bottom teeth on both the right and left sides. He is not sleeping well at nights, then by default neither am I (or Todd). He has been up screaming for 1-2 hours all last week. It feels like the right side is breaking through though so hopefully the end is in sight.
Also along with teething Xander has caught a bad case of separation anxiety over the last week, probably having to do with being sick, teething and also the fact that our daycare is taking it's 3 week break for the summer so he has had a major routine change. Fortunately Xander has wonderful grandmas, so my mom has been up last week and this week and my mother-in law will be up next week so we can go about our pretty normal schedules. But it has been hard on me and Xander. Don't get me wrong, he loves spending time with his grandmas, as long as I am not in the house. Once I get home though he can't be more than 12 inches from me or he is a crab. He has been very clingy and will run over to me and grab on to my legs and want to be held, which makes it difficult to get anything done. So we're trying the hug and put him down method with mixed results. If anyone has any suggestions for this I would welcome them. I hope this too will get better with the teething and return of daycare.
We've had a great couple of weeks, back to MN again this weekend for Todd's 5th dan exam (he did great, but missed one break) and Xander got to hang out at Grandma Verla's lake place. He even got to drive Berge's boat. We were out on the boat to long island last week with grandma, but of course mom forgot the camera in the pick-up so no more cute beach pictures...I will try harder to remember the camera if we get out there this week.
All in all life is good, just had to sound off about the lack of sleep a bit. I told Todd the other week that I felt like I needed a sign on my chest "teething toddler" to explain my fatigue and slow thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment