Monday, June 13, 2011

Jeep

So a few weeks ago I bought Xander a hotwheels jeep at a rummage sale. The lady said she didn't have the battery and so it was just for climbing on and pushing around, but maybe someone with knowledge about fixing things could get it going. Xander liked just to sit in it and push it around, so I picked it up for $4.

Todd found out that it took a 6 volt battery, and we didn't have one, so Xander just played with it a few weeks. Then a few days ago I asked Todd about this battery that we've had sitting around (I think it is for some sort of ice fishing gadget) and he said that it was a 12 volt battery (so no go...or so I thought.)

Tonight Todd comes home with battery wires and says I'm going to try to hook that battery up to Xander's jeep. Okay. So the battery work, only a 12 volt battery probably makes the jeep go about twice as fast, which yeah cool, but our not quite two year old doesn't know how to steer a trike he powering much less a powered car, so it turned in to being a pretty good workout for dad, not just running after Xander so he didn't run in to tress, but laughing as well. Mom was pretty skeptical about the whole thing, and Xander pretty nervous at first, but turns out to be an okay thing. Fortunately it only took about 20 minutes to wear out the battery (maybe it was the wagon, see vidoe 3) so we could convince Xander to come inside and go to bed :).





4 comments:

  1. So now Xander really just wants 6 volt batteries for his birthday?? Looks fun and sounds like a pretty good deal!!

    Love & miss you guys! Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those were the best. Zander makes me laugh--he is all boy and so much like Todd it is uncanny.
    You three are always having fun! Love ya-Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute. Marv and I got a good laugh from them. Miss and Love You. Vollie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your story and videos capture the fun your family has! X's giggles and squeals of delight make me laugh out loud. What a rush for him. "Dad, Get Out!!" Cracked me up!

    Smiling Grandma Verla

    ReplyDelete