Sunday, July 22, 2012

3 Years/ 9 Months

Last week I took both boys to the doctor for regular check-ups, Xander for his 3 year check-up and Flint for his 9 month check up. It was nice, neither of them needed shots and it was a pretty pleasant visit.  Flint is now 28 inches and 18 lbs, Xander is 37 1/2 inches and 34 pounds.  I think that Flint was around the 35 %ile and Xander around the 65 %ile.
Hopefully Flint will catch up now that he has started eating better.  We struggled for quite a while, but he is doing better with actually eating and not gagging on things and now is really starting to pick-up on eating solid foods.  He does not like pureed food or cereal much, his favorites are chunks, he like bananas, avocados, and navy beans (that's what I had in my cupboad.) He will eat food from his spoon and likes yogurt, but prefers chunks over puree.  I guess I will have to make some smoothies and bisques with my pureed fruits and veggies that I made for him :).
Flint is really starting to scoot around furniture more and I'm sure any week here he will take off after his big brother without anything to hang on to.
Xander is doing well, and is and energetic, happy and smart boy who is so much fun, but also really knows how to push mom and dad's buttons.  We are working still on our ticket reward system and it is going pretty well. Bedtimes have been easier, but as I type this at 9:45 he is playing with his toys in the hallway (he was put in his room at 8:45.) He has already lost his ticket for the evening, so now we just wait for him to fall asleep in the hallway (happens 50% of the time) and then move him to his bed.
Here are some pictures from the last week.

Eating Avocado and Navy Beans



Xander with the bubble blower that he bought with his tickets



We've had lots of fresh raspberrier again this year, for now they are in the freezer, we'll have to see if we make more jam, or just use them for smoothies and such.

1 comment:

  1. So many raspberries! That is awesome.

    I need to start Lola on some sort of reward system, because, well, she can really be a turd sometimes. But, she does respond well to positive affirmations, which gives me some hope.

    ReplyDelete