Sunday, July 15, 2012

Catching up June to July

It has been nearly a month since I last blogged.  I have a lot of catching up to do.  It will be over a few entries here, but I have a bout 35 pictures to illustrate what we have been up to since mid June.

Grandpa Mark came to visit
 Grandpa Mark hadn't been to see us in over 2 years and so it was time that he came out. He and Xander wanted to go fishing, so we went nightcrawler hunting in our yard.  Xander. dad and grandpa hunted for about 45 mintues and got about a dozen, then went to the garden (which we had watered that evening) and found about 3 dozen (they didn't catch them all, but they were just sitting out in the garden.)  They didn't catch much fishing, but they had fun.  We tried to take the boat out, but it was pretty rough, so we just went across the bay and back. This is the only picture I got.

Flint is pulling up and creeping everyone, here he is checking out what the puppies are doing at the dishwasher

When we go around the loop, Flint likes to ride in the car.

Flint and Xander ready to go around the loop by our house.

Xander helping dad to make another end table (with our new couch we decided we needed one more table.)

Flint had his first airplane ride to go see Auntie Em in Fresno, CA

Flint with his Auntie Em
 Flint and I went to see Emily in Fresno and he did quite well on the plane ride out there.  He slept most of the day, which was nice.  He was pretty warm, but it was warm outside and in the airport.  Turns out he was sick.  So we were a bit limited as far as going to see too many things in CA, but had a very nice visit, and got to spend some time in the air-conditioned mall near Em's House. 
  Turns out both boys got sick, Flint with me and Xander with Todd back home.  Hand, Foot and Mouth disease was going around town and they picked it up from daycare.  It is a virus that causes blisters around the hands, feet and mouth.  They were miserable, but troopers.  These are the only pictures I took. I will post more when Em sends me more in the mail (hint, hint...:)

4th of July Parade, I thought Flint might not like the noise of the band and fire trucks, but he LOVED it!


Xander was super excited to get chocolate milk from the 4-H float

Lots of people out for the parade

We have been doing quite a bit of biking around town and the boys get to ride in the trailer.

Xander is a good helper to Flint in the trailer.

1 comment:

  1. Nightcrawlers? I don't know what those are, and I'm too chicken to google search them. This is another sign of me living in California and you being in Wisconsin. :)

    ReplyDelete