For the second year in a row I decided to do the Bay Days spring triathlon in Ashland. It is good motivation for me to get a bit more fit and get out and exercise in the summer. Last year was a lot of fun and went well, so I was all in again this year. I didn't feel like I was able to train as much on the weekends, but I hit the 5:30 am training hard and biked pulling both the boys in the burley bike trainler. (they got heavier this year that must have been the boost to my training.) It was a great day for a race and it went well. I took 4 minutes off my time from last year. The swim was about 1 minute shorter and my bike was about 3 minutes faster. I was the first girl out on the bike and one girl passed me on the bike, but I was able to pass her back on the run. I got 1st overall for ladies and 9th over all the men and women. Thanks to my dad for race support and picture taking :). Oma and Todd managed the kiddos.
![]() |
| Getting ready to take off |
![]() |
| Getting ready to swim, me waving in sleeveless wetsuit with blue trim in the middle. |
![]() |
| And we're off |
![]() |
| Swimming in Lake Superior, I am in the middle with blue on my side |
![]() |
| Coming out of the water, I am knee deep |
![]() |
| Unzipping the wetsuit |
![]() |
| Getting ready to get off on the bike |
![]() |
| Coming back in on the bike |
![]() |
| Headed out on the run |
![]() |
| Almost done |
![]() |
| Flint's medal |
![]() |
| My 1st place prize |

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Congratulations Jill! You are an amazing athlete, to go from kicking and breaking boards Saturday to achieving first place in a Triathlon the next day, and then host a birthday party after the Triathlon!
ReplyDelete