We are doing well, still not sleeping the best, but working on it. Flint is feeding really well and Todd is giving him his first bottle as I write.
First off a couple of pictures with our Packer fans. Xander watched football with mom for about 3 minutes before he fell asleep, but he woke up for the end of the game.
Next some things we now remember that we had forgotten about newborns and little boys:
When changing his diaper you need to remember to expose then cover for a bit then change to avoid being peed on.
Again when changing his diaper you need to point things downward otherwise he will pee all over and usually enough to get him and us full of pee.
We will likely be doing a load of laundry ever day for the next month...at least we haven't gone through as many burp rags or mom and dad clothes, knock on wood, Flint doesn't seem to spit up as much as Xander did.
Today felt like my first day of maternity leave, even though I only worked one day last week, I was in labor then in the hospital and then Todd had Friday off last week. So today Todd went back to work and I had the two boys to myself today. I want to take this chance to do as many "mom" things as I can with Xander and Flint. So, we started today.
We went to Granny Goose story time at the library, then since the library is only a block from Todd's office, we had to stop and see dad and show off Flint a bit. We decided to stay and have lunch with dad at the cafe down the street, so I fed Flint quick while Xander 'worked' with dad. Then after lunch we walked over to the park that is on the other side of the dad's office. Below are videos of Xander playing on the bouncy car and going down the slide.
After we left dad's office we went to wal-mart for groceries and a few other items. That went pretty well, Flint slept through the whole thing (pretty much slept through the whole outing besides being fed) and was nice and cozy in the front-pack carrier. Xander got a bit tired toward the end of wal-mart, but thankfully mom had fruit leather. It was a great day, but I am glad Xander is going to daycare tomorrow. I need a break :). We are sending X to daycare Tues, Wed, Thurs during my maternity leave, partial to save his spot and partially to save my sanity :). I don't think I want to be a stay at home mom to a two year old. I heard 'why' about 500 times today and was proud of myself for calmly answering about 200 of them (I ignored the rest.) I am however, looking forward to spending some quality time with my boys :).
Car racing
Slide
I always carry fruit leather on me too :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a successful outing. I'm impressed that you already made it out of the house with both of them. I think it would take me a week to just get enough courage to try and handle two in public.
Wow, you are brave to take two to the store. But gotta do it sometime. I remember living in Mass. and Mackenzie was just over 2 when Ethan was born. It was exhausting. I had no help and Ethan was not an easy labor--a lot of damage so keeping up with Mackenzie was a chore. She was sooo active but Ethan was so mellow so it balanced out. You are doing a great job planning on having good times with your boys. I like how you say Xander goes to school. It feels so important!
ReplyDelete