Saturday, October 1, 2011

Waiting

We are anxiously awaiting the birth of our fourth family member. Xander asked if the baby was going to come out today. I told him I didn't think so. About 2 weeks left until the due date, but I guess any time within the next four weeks (how's that for an exact science :). I don't have the feeling that it will be any sooner than 2 weeks, but we will see.
We are not sure if we will be welcoming a baby boy or girl and are finding ourselves really looking forward to the birth and finding out at that time. (I had an ultrasound a few weeks ago to check the baby's size as I was measuring a bit small-everything was just fine-but, I was extremely tempted to find out the gender. I am glad I didn't.)
There is just something about finding the answer to an unknown question that you have been waiting months to discover and the joy of the birth of our child that adds a different feel to the waiting.
Nonetheless, we are still waiting. Whenever you are ready little one, mom, dad and your big brother are ready to welcome you to our family.

2 comments:

  1. Did Xander understand not today but maybe in the next 2 weeks or maybe 4 weeks. Tomorrow can be 2 weeks for him! Or maybe he was just satisfied with your answer and went back to playing. I love how they make their lives simple and ours can get so complicated. Wish I was three again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pregnancy went by so quickly for me. I'm sure you felt the same way. ;)

    Good luck with these next few weeks. I hope everyone around you is doing their best to make you feel as comfortable as possible.

    ReplyDelete