Thursday, June 18, 2009

37 Weeks

37 weeks...for those of you who don't know much about pregnancy this is officially full term. This means we are entering what some people call the "safe zone," or it is okay and safe to have the baby anytime now. I prefer to think of it as the "waiting zone." Which means I could have the baby anytime over the next 5 weeks.
That's a long time span for something so big. I told my doctor last week that I just wanted to know when he would come and she laughed at me. I laughed too, because I know that's just not possible, but I guess it's my type A personality showing through. I hate this waiting and guessing, when is it going to happen.
My doctor tried to make me feel better by letting me know that most first time moms go past their due date so not to be at all surprised if you go to bed on July 9th and wake up July 10th still pregnant.
It doesn't help that people at work keep telling me that I've dropped and they think I'm going to have the baby early, or any day now, then I start to think about that. Todd's guess is July 7th, so we'll see.
One thing I know for sure is that I have definitely been feeling more tired and worn out this week. I kind of overdid it shopping in Duluth on Monday and haven't recovered since, at least I am still sleeping pretty well.
I am very excited for our little guy to show up, but quite a bit nervous as well. I know that it is going to be a huge change for us. I'm not so much nervous about the birth, I guess I just think that whatever happens happens.

1 comment:

  1. eeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkk! You are so close. I need your address. I can't find it. I have to get you the present before Baby Gibbon arrives.

    You can do it Jilly!

    ReplyDelete