Last weekend was Xander's 4th birthday. Our little boy is growing up so fast, he is so much fun. He asks, what can I do now that I am four? He asked to have two of his school friends over for his birthday. We have never done a birthday party (outside of a few family members) but decided we would do a small one this year. We invited two of Xander's school pals (they each turned 4 this summer too and have been at the same daycare as long as he has) and their families over for an afternoon of play. He helped me make the invitations by picking out what pictures we wanted on the, but I wrote the words. When dad read him the card he was disappointed because I wrote, "no presents please." However, he must have been in cahoots with his friends because they each brought something for him to use in his new sandbox :)
Oma and Opa were in town as this last week was the start of our three week break from daycare. They took the first week. Next post I will tell you a little more about X's birthday morning, but we'll just say I felt pretty bad that I wasn't around to make him birthday breakfast. But dad made him oatmeal and that was good. He got to open some presents in the afternoon before his friends came and then we had a wonderful afternoon in the backyard playing, eating and chatting with our friends.
Xander's friends had never been to our house before and his friend Eli got to our house first and he and Xander were in turbo mode. I think they were both in the house with their shoes off in 5 seconds and running to X's room to play with toys. We spent most of the time in the backyard, but the kiddos kept wanting to go play with the inside toys too. One time they were inside for a bit and I come inside and they have Eli's present to X unwrapped and are trying to free to trucks with scissors. X says, "mom, Eli brought me trucks!" I helped them free the trucks.
 |
| The magic School Bus DVDs - thanks Auntie Em! |
 |
| New digger for the sandbox from mom and dad |
 |
| putting the digger together |
 |
| Xander and Eli playing blocks |
 |
| Happy Birthday song, DQ spiderman cake :) |
 |
| Blowing out the candles |
 |
| Ice Cream! |
 |
| Everyone enjoying their cake |
 |
| 4 wheeler time |
 |
| Hey, wait for me |
 |
| Xander, Eli and Evie on the trampoline. |
 |
| Flint and Grady joined in too. Eli's little brother is two weeks younger than Flint. |
No comments:
Post a Comment