So I'm a day late on the week old post, but we had our one week doctors appointment today. Xander passed with flying colors, so much so, that we got to cancel our two week appointment. We have a healthy baby boy. After babies are born they lose weight, and typically the doctor wants to see breastfed babies back to their birth weight by two weeks. Xander was 8 lbs 1 oz. at birth; today he was 8 lbs 12.5 oz., so already above birth weight. He has been eating very well and has outgrown some of his newborn clothes already.
We visited the tae kwon do gym last night, and Xander got to meet mom and dad's students, He will be spending quite a bit of time there in the future.
Toss and I are doing pretty well. Xander for the most part is a very happy and content little one. He has been sleeping well at night, even uo to 4 hours at a time. Hopefully that will keep up, but we know that it might not.
Grandma Betty is still visiting, she will probably go home either late this week or early next week. Then we are on our own. Hopefully things keep going well.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the photo of Xander at the gym. Soon he'll be toting around in a little white robe too.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that the doctor's appt went well, sounds like he is eating well!
Mom said he gets cuter every day!! Can't wait to see you guys!!
ReplyDeleteEm
I know Joe doesn't visit this blog so I can safely say "I wish we could be as carefree and easy going as you guys are." You let him sleep at night instead of waking him every 2 hours to eat and he's doing fine, take him out of the house to the gym even though there are germs, let him sit outside by the fire with Grandma Verla even though there may be a mosquito in the air, let him sleep on the floor even though dogs walk on your floor... I want to be normal and do those things. I'm hoping that all was a first time dad thing but from what he's said lately...I'm not really thinking so. You're excellent parents. Thanks for all the updates. Xander will love to have this journal someday.
ReplyDeleteMeredith