Sunday, July 12, 2009

Wive's Tales

So at this point I've heard just about everything under the sun as to what worked to put people in to labor. (oh yeah, by the way, no little guy yet, I would have started with that...) I tried quite a few yesterday. I went for a long walk by the lake, raspberry tea, gardening/cleaning, relaxing, hot shower, long 4-wheeler ride (we put 50 miles on the 4-wheeler yesterday, met up with some friends and went out for dinner...fun times, but no baby.) I've heard about egg-plant, papaya, Indian food, spicy food, Mexican food, I don't know, I think most of it is just coincidence. I guess castor oil really works, but my doctor said that it's so not worth it, not a good birth experience.
So I guess I will just keep letting the little guy (or girl, it could really still be a girl...) know that he is welcome and that we want to meet him and hopefully he will do his best to get moving.

2 comments:

  1. lol. I'm just picturing a 9 month pregnant Jill on the back of an ATV. :)

    I was drinking raspberry tea too, by the gallon! It's amazing the things we are willing to do in order to evict our children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, I am glad you keep posting updates! We are thinking of you and can't wait to hear the exciting news. John & Kristi

    ReplyDelete